March 14, 2009

The whole point of having a blog is...

Today's browse of happy sites turned up some stuff that I found myself wishing to share with someone. Since there's no one handy to tell I find myself reminded that I have a blog. And what is a blog for if not to share finds like this.
You know you're Australian when...Canadian when...an Arab when...British when...Italian when...Japanese when...Chinese when...German when...Russian when...Dutch when...Spanish when...Brazilian when...Irish when... Kiwi when... Scottish when...South African when...Cambodian when... Greek when...Kenyan when...Libyan when...Iranian when... Japanese when...Kazakhi when... Estonian when...Papua New Guinean when...Korean when...Indian when...Israeli when... Lebanese when...Colombian when...Ecuadorian when... Kuwaiti when...Portuguese when... Hungarian when...Serbian when...Gibraltan when...Belgian when...
French when... Bangladeshi when...Azerbaijani when...Moldovan when...Peruvian when...Chilean when...Uruguayan when...
There's a bunch more. I think the real point is seeing what people think is distinctive about themselves. The way each group defines itself. Fascinating. I've only read a few but they are funny and revealing.

The other thing was a Metafilter post about the celebration of Holi. The pictures caught my eye but this link about other ways to celebrate Holi made me want to blog it. This is the last paragraph of a story about Kanpur India giving everyone a day of uninterrupted power so they could watch the big cricket match.
However, there were certain localities where power failure occurred due to snags. The private gangs in these areas came to the rescue of locals and resolved their power woes.

Happy Holi gangs of Kanpur!


No comments: